Acupuncture in Gynecology and Obstetrics
In the early Chinese medical manuscripts found in the Mawangdui tombs dating from the second century BC and specialized texts appeared in obstetrics.
The purpose of these treatments was to improve the fertility of women and preserve the health of their unborn child, not herself since at this time the role of women was totally secondary and tied to motherhood. Later are known texts of Hua Tuo (110-208) and especially the famous physician Sun Si Miao (581-682) who worked specifically on gynecological issues emphasizing the importance of regulating the menstrual cycle.
Since then numerous classical and contemporary texts have influenced the role of acupuncture in this type of pathology and millions of women around the world routinely used to treat a variety of disorders and diseases in this area ..
In addition several teams Researchers around the world are working in this field resulting in very positive studies open new avenues of collaboration of acupuncture with conventional medicine.
Clinical practice and evidence
The conditions of women in the acupuncture we use most today are:
- Dysmenorrhea - Acupuncture is very useful in treating dysmenorrhea or menstrual pain of unknown cause and the symptoms that accompany such as irritability and insomnia. A recent German study certifies this statement and explains that its cost-effectiveness is highly desirable.
- Alteration of the menstrual cycle - Acupuncture can regulate the menstrual cycle in both cycles pathology short or too long and in excessive bleeding. It can also help in cases of lack of menstruation, amenorrhea, of unknown cause, by its action on hormones at the central nervous system.
- Ovarian Pathology - Acupuncture improves ovarian tissue blood flow and thus seems to have a beneficial effect on him. This fact supports its action in polycystic disease according to recent studies conducted by Dr. Elisabeth Stener.
- Pathology of menopause - the effect at this level will help with the symptoms of heat and also for other associated symptoms such as irritability and insomnia.
- Fertility - Special mention acupuncture treatments in terms of fertility. The treatments can be performed without any other intervention in cases where there is no apparent pathology and the two partners.
In addition we now have clear evidence that acupuncture applied jointly to standard treatments in vitro fertilization pregnancy increase by more than the result for every 10 women treated.
- Breast pathology _ With acupuncture we can try complementary breast disease and cancer not help in lactase deficiency in women who need it.
- Pathology related to pregnancy - During pregnancy acupuncture helps improve nausea and vomiting in the first quarter, to treat common diseases such as pelvic pain, back pain, heartburn, insomnia and digestive or intervene in the case of fetal malposition using heat in an acupuncture point located at the foot. All without having to use drugs to be avoided in this period of women.
As we have seen, acupuncture can and should play an important role in coordination with conventional therapeutic not only for its beneficial action but also because its use does not involve an increase in the patient’s pharmacy.
In gynecology and obstetrics acupuncture provides a very positive action in various diseases and disorders by its effect on the central nervous system, on the hormonal system and the autonomic system that governs the internal organs.
, blood flow
, conventional medicine
, menstrual cycle
, menstrual pain
, role of women
, unborn child
, women around the world